Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

Chocolate Chips in the Cookie of Life



what does friendship insinuate to you? well, it plays a significant role to me, in my own singular way.



The blessing it is to have a friend to whom one can speak fearlessly on any subject; with whom one's deepest as well as one's most foolish thoughts come out simply and safely. Oh, the comfort — the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person — having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but pouring them all right out, just as they are, chaff and grain together; certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and then with the breath of kindness blow the rest away.

yeah. i used to get pleasure from this kinda relationship too, until its virtue was turned into vulnerability and the trust of my friendship got grassed on. Eversince, masquerade starts to pile on when the pure value of innocence is stripped off, bit by bit, with the mendacious reality brought to light, as time sneaks pass.

i started to shield myself and not to trust anyone easily. i evaluate and appraise beforehand. besides, i have a bad tendency not to blend in initially. if you want to know me, you'll have to make the first move. and i need warming up. well, unless you are really that special that i would regret not knowing you :)

It is amazing how you can surround yourself with so many people you can call friends, and yet actually only have one or two real ones. i would prefer a very small group of friends whom i can call them one of my best peeps. somebody to be really close and cool. and someone whom i can call up at 4am.

What do you seek in a friend?
someone who brings out the best in you?
someone who is there for you when he'd rather be anywhere else?
someone who knows all about you, and still likes you?
someone who have seen you change; they've let you change?
someone who who overlooks your failures and tolerates your success?
someone who knows the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails?
someone who knows your weaknesses but shows you your strengths; feels your fears but fortifies your faith; sees your anxieties but frees your spirit; recognizes your disabilities but emphasizes your possibilities?

When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives means the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving much advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a gentle and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing, and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares.

For me, the important thing is someone who sits next to you without talking, and still makes you feel comfortable. i believe both true friendship and love come when the silence between two people is comfortable.

Sometimes being a friend means mastering the art of timing. There is a time for silence. A time to let go and allow people to hurl themselves into their own destiny. And a time to prepare to pick up the pieces when it's all over.

All in all, I want friends who are kind of like me, who go with the flow and like to have fun. Better, friends who are knowledgeable, someone whom i could learn things from, not only an one-way rapport. someone who don't mind me sharing what i know with an open heart. someone who don't mind listening me grudging. someone who knows well when to say something and when to shut up. And it's grateful to know that i do have such friend encircling me now :)

what is more? the most essential thing in friendship is to trust and be trustworthy. Someone whom I may be sincere and before him, I may think aloud. well, i would know that when one day i no longer protect myself by a fence, but rather by my friends.


I'll lean on you and you lean on me and we'll be okay.
Nsxon x

4 banana peels:

Anonymous said...

Whoa, good speech!

Now, can I lean on you? =D

Dullahan Izhim said...

you called me at 4 a.m. I answered K!
but that doesn't really justify me as a real friend? does it?
well the most important thing is..
Real Friends Stand for you in any condition...
Say it you have a problem...
or When people have problems with you...

Well I stood up for many people who I considered friend...But...

Oh Yeah!
this doesn't mean I hate anyone of you!(names shall not be mentioned)
I never hate Nor would I love...
these two are big words!

xoxo
Dullahan


p/s- One more thing! They don't call you when they only need you! They call you for anything and nothing!

kissbebez said...

Let`s have FUN !! *SCREAMS* Let`s go to park one day and scream our lungs out , okay sweetheart? ^.^ Do something crazy.HOHO!

"let`s lean on each other"

Crazenne said...

I luv da endin sentence.
Damn nice!(=
Wishin da same thing.
One day may it be.

 
Boonono - Not Your Average Banana |